Welcome to Class 1
In Class 1 we enjoy our learning and aspire to do our best in all areas of the school. This year the staff working in Class 1 are Miss Lewis and Miss Loach.
PE - Please make sure that your child has their full P.E kit in school for PE on Tuesdays and Thursdays. P.E kits must be a white t-shirt, black shorts and either plimsolls or trainers.
Homework - Each term your child will be set 5 pieces of homework which is related to their topic. It is expected that your child completes one piece of topic homework each week and returns their homework book every week.
Please read every day with your child and write this in their diary. Your child will bring a book home in their folder from their tag. We enjoy regular visits to the library and would love you to join us so that you can choose extra books for your child to enjoy.
Maths - Your child will receive one piece of maths homework each Wednesday. Please make sure that your child completes this and returns it to school the following Wednesday.
Spellings - Each week your child will receive a list of Bear words to learn at home. Please practise them regularly with your child. They will be tested every week.
Non-Negotiables for Year 1
- Creative Homework- Bog Baby
- Creative Homework - Lost and Found
- Creative Homework - Bringing Down the Moon
- Creative Homework -Beegu
Spring 2 2019
Our current topic:
This half term we shall be adopting Bog Babies!
We will be reading Bog Baby and we will be:
- Learning about Bog Baby's needs and creating suitable habitat
- Making our own Bog Babies.
- Thinking about plants and what they need to grow
- Growing our own plants.
- Finding out about our local area.
- Learning to sketch trees and plants that we see around us
- Watching the seasons change and recording what we see.
Examples of children’s work